Sunday, February 11, 2018

Priorities

Priorities.

It’s all about priorities.

Being able to spend time outdoors is a priority for us. Not just a priority but a major priority. It is a priority based on need. It is also a priority based on want. A combined want and need priority simply has to be satisfied.

Keystroking words is not new to me.

Writing has been an element of my life for practically all of my adult life. It was something that I had to do as part of what started out to be a suit and tie career. That career changed. The change was one of those life happens things that takes you by surprise, catches you unaware, and leaves you scrambling, questioning, and searching.

There is a large gulf of difference between having to write and wanting to write. Having to is a mundane chore. Wanting to is a much more pleasurable form of expression and creativity. Writing, for me, seems to be a natural part of who I am.

I’ve had an internet page of one sort or another since 1998 and started blogging on subjects of personal importance twelve or fifteen years ago. Those pages are still floating around in obscure areas of deep cyberspace. I look back on those pages as stepping stones that assisted me in crossing the swamps and bogs that would have otherwise kept me from getting to where I am now.

I did an update on my YouTube channel that gives it a bit of needed definition. Too, it seems there are several other people around the world that were given the same name at birth and have channels so I renamed my YouTube channel David Kralik Outdoors.

I also updated my channel description to describe what David Kralik Outdoors is about in the big ole YouTube world.

The channel description reads,

“David Kralik Outdoors videos are about adventuring in, exploring and enjoying the outdoors in its assorted flavors that are of interest to us (Shirli and me), as well as the skills and stuff necessary to do what we are doing.

On October 21, 2016, Shirli and I finished the long and arduous task of downsizing from life in suburbia and made our home in a small cabin (we call it our camping cabin on steroids) in the Lower Alabama woods. Outdoors as a part-time hobby became outdoors as a full-time lifestyle. It is, for us, a dream come true. We love it. Life is good up in these woods.

Thanks for watching and thanks for subscribing to David Kralik Outdoors.”

I am really happy with the number of views that the channel has gotten in the short few months that it has been up and going. I look forward to the enjoyment involved in producing more videos and continuing to develop the channel.

After mulling on the idea for a while, I decided to create this complementary David Kralik Outdoors blog.

Videos are great. I enjoy making and publishing them.

YouTube is a great tool in today’s Google It world and there are some really good channels on the Tube. I don’t follow many of the Big Gun Guru’s these days. Monetization, commercialization, and fame … at least in the opinion of this one outdoorsy person … has a way of ripping a gaping hole in the burlap of what getting outdoors is all about. My favorite YouTube channels these days are the ones created and published by the lesser and practically unknown folks that are simply getting out, recording, and publishing their outdoor adventures.

Maybe I am a dinosaur but I believe there’s something about the printed page that can never be replaced. Especially when the desktop publishing tools we have at our disposal allow us to insert photographs into the content of the keystroked verbiage.

So here you go folks.

David Kralik Outdoors blog has been officially launched with a keystroke.

10 comments: